I've been tagged by that wascally Spencer Carnage to play this "eight facts" meme going around. Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, I choose eight (no, four.) people to get tagged and list their names.
1. I've been to Gitmo: I used to be in the Navy, and we stopped at Guantanamo Bay several times. No prisons then, just heat, dust, and rust. Also got to spend a couple of weeks retrieving Cuban refugees from the ocean and returned them to Cuba. Surprisingly, not so fun.
2. I've geeked my boy: My son is only five, and he can rattle off Simpsons and Futurama quotes, list all of Iron Man's many armors, and knows more about Batman than Dan DiDio. What hath I wrought?
3. I'm a renaissance man: I'm a pretty decent artist who doesn't sketch nearly enough, and I've got a collection of 20-30 customized action figures. I won a randy Bowen Thor bust from Toyfare for one of my customs. Yay me.
4. My birthday is crowded: I share a birthday, Sept 8, with my father and my father-in-law.
5. I cannot type: Kind of a roadblock when it comes to blogging, yes?
6. I have a great marriage: Seems to be rare these days, but my wife and I get on splendidly.
7. I'm actually pretty handy: Home "ownership" has given me an opportunity to learn all sorts of fun things, from landscaping to fence repair to installing things.
8. I lean left: Politically, that is. I don't have, like, a shorter left leg or anything.
That's about as much as I wanna share. Everyone I can think of to tag has already been tagged, so how about...Siskoid, Vaklam, Johnny Zito, and lurkerwithout.
Halloween Countdown: Day 27 – In the rough
1 hour ago